The Carter Bloodcare bus will be in the parking lot receiving donations from 9:00am until noon on Sunday, July 10th. You can sign up for an appointment here, or stop by the bus to see if there is still space available on that day.
Here are some important facts and stats about blood donations!
- 1 in 3 people will need a blood transfusion in their lifetime
- Every 2 seconds someone in the US needs blood and/or platelets.
- A single-car accident victim can require as many as 100 units of blood.
- 1,100 donors a day are needed to have a stable 3-day supply within CBC’s service area (Central, North & East Texas).
- 600-800 patients need a blood transfusion within CBC’s service area.
- 600+ blood drives per month are needed to help meet hospital demand.
- Benefits for men https://www.healthline.com/health/benefits-of-donating-blood
- Summer is the most challenging time for CBC to meet hospital needs. Twenty-five percent of the blood supply is collected at high schools.