What We Teach and How We Teach
Our integrated curriculum includes math , science, social studies, language development using Handwriting Without Tears, (reading, using the Abeka program, in Kindergarten) health education, physical education, art, music, drama, centers, story times, and large and fine motor development. We focus on the whole child, developing growth in the cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual areas. We do not embrace just one published curriculum because we believe that the use of multiple resources provides the materials we need that will meet the different needs of all children. Our low staff-to-child ratios afford the children the individual attention and care they need.
Classroom Environment and Culture
Classrooms are arranged in a series of centers or interest areas. Children choose or are directed to learning centers or activities that the teacher has provided. Some of the centers your child may explore:
- Math using the curriculum “Math Their Way” in Preschool classes
- KinderMath and KinderWriting
- Hands-on Science Centers
- Pre-writing and writing skills, using the “Handwriting Without Tears” program in all age levels, and “Frog Street Press” in 2-year-olds through PK2 (4’s)
- Books, stories, and reading (“Letterland” in Kindergarten)
- Listening center
- Technology center
- Puzzles and Building
- Art Exploration
- Dramatic Play
- Sensory Exploration
Children will spend time in several centers over the course of the day with planned developmental objectives.
Large group time is an important part of a student’s day and includes teaching strategies using:
- Songs, Music, and Movement
- Calendar and Weather Observation
- Stories and Bible Devotions
- Phonics, Letter, and Language Activities
All students visit the outdoor playground daily. Each week all students attend enrichment classes including Chapel, Spanish, Rhythm Worship & Sign, Art, and Science.
View or Download Program Prices
Schedule a Tour
Have questions or need more information? Would you like to schedule a tour of the school? Please contact the Director of Preschool and Kindergarten, Heather Kosi, at 817-750-0442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.